Privileged Access Risk Dashboards Visualize & Reduce Attack Surface
by Sam Kumarsamy, on Sep 13, 2021
With summer behind us, I couldn’t be more thrilled than to announce the release of our v2.12 SecureONE platform update. With this month's release, Remediant leads the industry in providing Privileged Access Risk dashboards for executives and security practitioners. These dashboards help organizations to visualize, analyze, and reduce their privileged attack surface and prevent lateral movement attacks such as ransomware.
We recognize that many organizations are challenged with:
- Providing stakeholders (business and technical) a visual display of the total privileged access sprawl at any point in time
- Enabling security practitioners to analyze and prioritize the removal of excessive and unnecessary group and user based privileged access
- Setting time-based goals to measure and track progress towards the reduction of their privileged attack surface and stopping lateral movement attacks such as ransomware
While the traditional privileged access management (PAM) solutions have tried to address this need through basic reporting capabilities, no comprehensive solution exists today that addresses the reporting needs of business and technical decision makers as well as security practitioners.
Below are key features and details on the three Privileged Access Risk dashboards that are available with this month’s Remediant SecureONE release that help organizations visualize, analyze and reduce their attack surface.
Key Features of Remediant's Privileged Access Risk Dashboard:Privileged Users Access Dashboard:
- Provides executives a point-in-time graphical representation of the total instances of users who have privileged access via group access and direct access (See Chart 1). This chart enables executives to set time-based goals (days, weeks, and months) to remove excessive privileged accounts and to periodically measure progress towards these goals.
Chart 1: Privileged Users Access Dashboard for Executives
- Enables security practitioners to view and prioritize efforts to reduce the excessive privileged access among the riskiest groups (for e.g., groups with domain access, most users and systems) and riskiest users and enable Just-in-Time (JIT) admin access as needed using Remediant SecureONE. (See Chart 2)
Chart 2: Privileged Users Access Dashboard for Security Practitioners
- Enables executives to view privileged access across tiers such as domain access and servers vs. servers and workstations to determine the users and groups that are most at risk of being compromised. (See Chart 3)
- Helps security practitioners to view the riskiest groups and users by tiers (domain, servers, and workstations) and prioritize actions to reduce the attack surface and stop lateral movement between tiers by removing excessive admin access and replacing it with JIT access as needed. (See Chart 3)
- Provides executives with the total instances of privileged users based on the combination of workstations and servers at
any point in time. This chart enables executives to set time-based goals (days, weeks, and months) to remove excessive privileged accounts in order to reduce their attack surface and periodically measure progress towards these goals.
(See Chart 4)
Chart 5: Cumulative Access Dashboard for Security Practitioners
Benefits of Remediant's Privileged Access Risk Dashboard:
- Provides executives (business and technical) a point-in-time graphical view so they can easily understand the current state of privileged access sprawl
- Enables security practitioners to prioritize the removal of standing privileged access by displaying the riskiest groups and users that exist in their organizations
- Helps set up time-based goals and track progress towards the reduction of the privileged access risk and stop lateral movement attacks by enabling JIT admin access as needed