About the Role
Remediant is looking for a Cloud Operations Developer to join our engineering team. We help secure access to critical systems in industries ranging from defense contractors to pharmaceutical companies. Our flagship product, SecureONE, enables our customers to deploy a “just-in-time-administration” stance that prevents attackers from gaining a foothold in their networks.
We are looking for people who have a track record of taking a pragmatic approach to solving technical problems. You will join a team working on maintaining and adding features to SecureONE alongside teammates with previous experience in IT, security, system log analysis, payments, digital imaging, and pharmaceuticals.
- You have 5+ years experience deploying and maintaining critical applications in a cloud-native microservices architecture
- You are comfortable implementing automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- You can deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- You thrive supporting and working alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies
- You regularly spend time iterating on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- You are comfortable having on call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- You are skilled at working in existing codebases, incrementally refactoring, and ultimately moving them to more modern standards.
- You structure your code so that it's easy for others to read and extend. You can draw upon your breadth of experience to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- You are extremely comfortable with git workflows, pull requests, code reviews, and using git to efficiently collaborate with colleagues to get stuff done.
- You are extremely comfortable working remotely over Zoom/Slack and organizing your time.
- You have experience working with agile processes and the tools that facilitate it (JIRA).
- You always consider security and best practices, utilizing modern tools to assure the organization is protected and in compliance
Ideally, candidates will have experience with several of the these technical skills (but no candidate is expected to be savvy in all of them):
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS)
- Expertise with AWS (e.g. IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, EKS)
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Operational (e.g. HA/Backups) NoSQL experience (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef/Puppet)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm charts
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Secure, scale, and manage Linux virtual environments
- Experience securing cloud products following industry best practices
- Knowledge or experiencing achieving CIS, SOC2 compliance or similar
- Experience introducing development tooling for local environments
- Experience with automating security controls for both application development and infrastructure deployment
- Vulnerability assessment
- Consulting on external pentests, both manual and automated
- Experience with Node.js. and/or Python a plus!
- Previous experience in corporate IT, particularly around access management, LDAP, Active Directory, or similar security issues
If you don't meet all the requirements listed above but think you could be good for the job, apply anyway!