About the Role
Remediant seeks a proven marketing executive to join our growing team. Founded in 2015, Remediant Inc. is an enterprise cybersecurity startup backed by Dell Technologies Capital (DTC) and ForgePoint Capital (FPC). We help secure access to critical IT systems in industries ranging from defense contractors to pharmaceutical companies. Our flagship product, SecureONE, is a Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution that enables customers to deploy a “just-in-time-administration” stance to prevent attackers from gaining a foothold in their IT networks.
To be successful in this role, you need to be comfortable with both technical and creative aspects of positioning cybersecurity products and solutions. It is critical to have insight into how IT Security professionals think to help tell the story of our company and products in a compelling, authentic, and engaging way.
If you’re the ideal candidate, you:
- Get start-up life and have a track record of success working at a high-growth company. You’re ready to jump in with both feet to get things done, while building, mentoring, and in time, delegating more to a dynamic marketing team.
- Have a strong desire to pick up new skills and knowledge. We are a small and growing team, and we help each other. We value “Show me how” over, “That's not my job.” Let’s grab a shovel, have fun, and dig together!
- Care deeply about people and bring a mindset of curiosity to conversations.
- Are vociferous advocate for doing the right thing.
- Are strategic, yet detail-oriented. You understand the big picture and are able to define marketing strategy while following through on commitments and managing execution of the details.
- Enjoy working in an environment where you get to help out in lots of different ways and are not constrained to doing just what's in your job description.
- Are a high caliber yet humble personality with dynamic interpersonal, managerial and communication skills.
- Work well and communicate seamlessly with remote team members.
- Interact and influence and communicate effectively with C-level executives.
- Are confident working in a marketing leadership role and executing on the following responsibilities…
- Define marketing strategy, key performance indicators (KPIs), budget and hiring plan with the goals of building Remediant’s global brand awareness and supporting our growing sales organization. You will gain buy-in from C-suite colleagues prior to execution.
- Hire, manage, and measure a high performance start-up marketing organization. Initially, you’ll be hiring a Head of Product Marketing and Marketing Manager and will be working with outside agencies to fill in the gaps.
Manage and measure success in all aspects of Marketing including:
- Product Marketing
- Corporate Communications (including PR and Analyst Relations)
- Demand Generation (getting people interested in Remediant and what SecureOne is all about) and Lead Generation (converting demand into qualified leads) programs
- Brand + Visual Identity
- Website (including designing building, testing, optimization, leveraging Salesforce CRM and other tools, and marketing automation)
- Search Marketing
- Performance Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Events (conferences, trade shows, podcasts, webinars, etc.)
- Content Marketing: Work with a cross functional internal teams (solutions engineers from different disciplines) and external (customers, partners) to deliver great marketing content ((demos, thought leadership, white papers, webinars, case studies, testimonials, blog posts, podcasts, forum participation, promotional videos, etc.).
Communicate well with the Executive team (and other team members as relevant), keeping them apprised of marketing plans and performance.
- BA/ BS and/or MBA in Business, Economics, Marketing, or other relevant major.
- Over 7 years of experience in marketing B2B businesses (ideally at least 3 in a managerial role). Bonus points for years spent working in cybersecurity and high growth start-ups.
- Understanding of the cybersecurity market and how to successfully reach CIOs and CISOs.
- Track record of recruiting, enabling, and retaining top talent.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- Excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel nationally as needed >30%.
- You share our values and will work in accordance with those values.
- Flexible hours
- Remote work friendly
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Up to $2k vacation reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision plan
Founded in the heart of San Francisco, Remediant leads with innovation, delivering enterprise-class cybersecurity solutions that enable real-time monitoring, Zero Trust protection of privileged accounts and Just-In-Time Administration (JITA) across IT/Security/Cloud ecosystems. We protect organizations from stolen credentials being used against them, which is the #1 attack vector across all breaches.Remediant provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.